With this gateway, users can now access the complete data of the SINUMERIK 840D sl machine tools via the OPC UA standard and immediately integrate and reuse them in Industry 4.0 applications.
Gateways play an important role in data integration in Industry 4.0
Data integration is a big topic in Industry 4.0, because the increasing digitization demands ever more open and standardized communication technologies. Softing Industrial Data Intelligence's IoT gateways play a major role here, as they ensure the exchange of data between the production area and the management level. The special feature of these IoT-Harware-Gateways is the simple and fast configuration as well as the secure transfer of machine data from the production level to the IT world.
Data integration and proprietary systems? No way!
That's why uaGate 840D uaGate 840D was specially developed for Siemens SINUMERIK 840D controllers
Siemens SINUMERIK 840D sl CNC controllers are used in a wide range of machine tools for a variety of high-precision technologies such as stamping, turning, grinding or milling. However, the key point is the further processing of the controller data together with the NC and drive data within one process.
In the past, the problem with this controller was that the NC and drive data were not accessible from the outside and thus a complete data integration was excluded. The new OPC UA Server gateway uaGate 840D in dataFEED-Series from Softing Industrial Data Intelligence closes this gap and for the first time allows access to important machine tool data such as spindle and axis data, torque and power consumption. This means that even outside the "Siemens world" these data can now be processed using the communication technologies OPC UA and MQTT together with the associated alarms, for example for condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, data logging or analysis tasks.
The new uaGate 840D gateways outlined in brief
- Access to PLC and NC data of a Siemens SINUMERIK 840D Solution Line and readout of controller data for condition monitoring
- Further data processing in applications via OPC UA or MQTT interfaces
- Easy configuration by using predefined symbol files and integrated web servers based on standard web browsers
- Retrofitting of easy-to-use and secure OPC UA interface for both new and existing NC controllers
The gateway uaGate840D can simply be mounted next to the SINUMERIK NCU on a DIN rail and requires 24 V DC as supply voltage. It has two independent Ethernet interfaces, one for accessing the machine level and the other towards IT. In between the gateway is acting as a firewall.
By the way
Using this gateway allows integrating the SINUMERIK 840D sl CNC controller in Industry 4.0 applications.
With uaGate 840D you have:
- Access to many different Siemens SINUMERIK 840D sl with NCU type 7x0.3 PN and software version better than V4.3 >4.3
- The possibility of data integration in higher-level management software such as ERP, MES or SCADA systems
- Integrated OPC UA Server for open, platform-independent communication
- Access to NC areas with axis, tool, program and drive data as well as specific alarms
- Use of data for analysis, condition monitoring, predictive maintenance or recording purposes
- No additional Siemens licenses to apply
- No need for NC or controller programming for commissioning
The Gateway uaGate 840D from Softing is available now.
And something else we are proud of.
Finally, some interesting industry facts from about KraussMaffei and Softing
In the past, Softing has often received inquiries as to whether the company can offer its know-how about gateways and data integration for addressing specific problems. KraussMaffei Technologies, Munich, among others, has approached Softing by requesting to support the network connection of the machines to the IT system as a competent partner. However, the implementation of the automated data acquisition at KraussMaffei posed a very special challenge, as the machinery consists of over 20-year-old plants right through to state-of-the-art machines with a wide range of software versions and various industrial PCs in the network. Read more about the project implementation here >>>