The gateway allows reading the complete SINUMERIK 840D machine tool data from Solutione Line and Power Line models. It provides access to the NC part with its axis, tool, program and drive data as well as specific alarms. In addition, a connection to the integrated SIMATIC Siemens S7-300 can be established. The data from both connections are available via the OPC UA and MQTT interfaces and thus can be used for various Industrie 4.0 applications.
With uaGate 840D, important spindle and axis data, such as torque and power consumption, can be read and reused in various applications. In addition, the active program as well as sub programs and the currently used tool is accessible. For instance, these data are available for condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, for data logging or for analysis tasks, such as spindle and axis monitoring. The gateway can also be used to acquire data from older SINUMERIK 840D controllers. Due to the preconfigured data symbol file for standard use cases, the user does not require any specific SINUMERIK know-how for reading the data and enables easy comissioning.
The product can simply get mounted next to the SINUMERIK NCU on a DIN rail and requires 24 VDC power supply. It has two independent Ethernet interfaces, one addressing the machine and the other addressing the IT network. Between these, the gateway acts as a firewall. The configuration is performed in just a few clicks using any web browser and the integrated web server.
Access to Data in PLC, NC and Drives Area of Siemens SINUMERIK 840D sl/pl
- Access to many different Siemens SINUMERIK 840D Solution Line and Power Line controllers
- Data integration into higher level management tools like ERP, MES or SCADA systems
- Embedded OPC UA Server providing open, platform-independent communication
- Access to NC area containing axis, tool, program, drive data
- Reading of NC/PLC alarms, as well as GUD variables and R parameters
- Use of data for analysis, condition monitoring, predictive maintenance or data logging purposes
- Additional Siemens licenses are not necessary
- No PLC or NC programming required for initial configuration
- Usage of predefined symbol files for standard configurations for easy comissioning
- Upload of AWL file created from user-defined NCVar Selector symbol files for NCK connection
- Easy symbol import from SIMATIC STEP 7/TIA projects for S7 PLC connection
- Gateway configuration using any standard web browser and integrated web server
- Physically separated Ethernet interfaces protecting SINUMERIK from unauthorized access via IT network
- Support of security standards like SSL/TLS, X.509 certificates and user authentication for OPC UA and MQTT communication
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Scope of Delivery
Additional Products and Services