As an industrial multiprotocol gateway, echocollect e offers a modern solution for further processing of process data. The addition "e" in the product name stands for Ethernet, since the gateway only supports the connection to PLCs via TCP/IP protocols. echocollect e supports local data logging and enables a bidirectional real-time connection between controllers and databases, direct OPC UA integration and cloud connection via the MQTT interface.
The advantage of the NetCon configuration software is the high degree of customization options at protocol level.
As basic functionality, five PLC connections and MySQL as database driver are available. Extension licenses are available for the use of MQTT, OPC UA, data logging on SD card (including Store&Forward), the support of 15 PLC connections and further databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
Connect PLC to SQL Database and Enterprise Applications
- Independent real-time collection of manufacturing, process or quality data directly from programmable logic controllers (PLC) and delivery to higher-level management systems, such as ERP or MES system
- Recipe manager functionality for writing data blocks to PLCs
- Direct connectivity via SQL database protocols, platform independent OPC UA technology or MQTT Publisher functionality
- Support of more than 50 PLC types addressable via Ethernet
- Store and foreward with time stamps in case of lost network connections, automatic forwarding once connection has been reestablished
- Option for parallel data logging on SD card for audit trails and track & trace
- Physical network separation between production systems and commercial IT networks
- State-of-the-art OPC UA security: Optional encryption of transmitted data and authentication via certificates
Lower IT Maintenance Costs
- Use as a migration tool without modifying existing PLC systems or Enterprise applications
- Gateway has benefit over traditional PC solution since no software updates or administration required
- Works for years once configured – untouched, without updates and with zero maintenance costs
- Plug-and-go replacement, if necessary, using configuration stored on SD card
- Very easy configuration by straight forward project import without requiring PLC modifications and programming skills
Easy Live Data Visualization
- Native web technology for easy and cost-efficient visualization of process, manufacturing, and quality data using standard web browser without any plug-ins
- No need for OPC Server or complex SCADA system
- Scalable, resolution-independent vector graphics for consistent display of data on wide variety of network enabled devices like desktop PCs, laptops, smart phones, tablet PCs or industrial control panels
Drivers & Software
Manuals & Documentation
Articles & White Papers
Additional Products and Services
Scope of Delivery
* A plug-in powerpack is not included in the delivery. If needed, please order this separately.
Connector Power Pack 24 V DC
|Country-specific connector power packs are available. Note: A connector power pack is not included in the delivery of the echocollect. If necessary please order it separately.|
Technical Details100 - 240 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz, sec. 24 V, 1,25A
Order NumberVersion EURO, UK, USA