- Upload Production Metrics from CompactLogix to Databases in 10 minutes
- Download Recipes from Databases to CompactLogix
- Connect CompactLogix to databases like Microsoft SQL or Oracle
- Connect CompactLogix to Cloud applications like AWS and Azure with MQTT protocol
tManager enables direct bi-directional data exchange between enterprise systems like Microsoft SQL databases and CompactLogix PLCs. tManager is a CompactLogix module inserted directly into the PLC chassis. tManager eliminates a PC server, software application, or scripting sometimes used to orchestrate transactions between the PLC and SQL database. Using tManager to handle transactions instead of VB scripting or FactoryTalk Transaction Manager has the advantage of eliminating a server, eliminating software, increasing transaction speed, and decreasing project risk.
tManager allows downloading recipes and manufacturing instructions in the controller or uploading production parameters for track and trace or monitoring in the database. Microsoft SQL databases are commonly used between MES applications and the production line.
Options are available for a variety of databases such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
Drivers are available to connect eATM tManager in the CompactLogix rack via the front Ethernet port to additional Allen-Bradley PLCs and Siemens PLCs.
tManager for CompactLogix is compatible with the 1769 CompactLogix and 5380 CompactLogix (5069).
eATM tManager has been developed making use of the Rockwell Automation Encompass Product Partner program. It enables Softing to design CompactLogix in-chassis modules directly accessing control tags. The databases Microsoft SQL and Oracle are supported.
Also checkout eATM tManager for ControlLogix.
- Eliminates the PC in the middle. tManager eliminates the PC between CompactLogix and your enterprise SQL database and cloud applications like AWS and Azure.
- No OPC protocol translation. tManager understands SQL databases and makes direct databases calls.
- No software coding or scripting required for connecting CompactLogix to databases. All database commands are handled via drop down menu options.
- No tag limit. Automatic enumeration of PLC and database tags and structures after insertion in CompactLogix rack.
Easy to Operate and Maintain
- Easily set-up and monitor your operation through extensive online help and unlimited installations of the configuration software
- Data transfer and transactions are handled by tManager; no software or PC is required for transactions after initial set-up
Rock Solid Security
- No anti-virus updates and on-going security patches required as needed for PC and software based connectivity solutions
- Virus-resistant in-chassis module since PC is eliminated
- It is only possible to edit configuration through the configuration software with assignable user privileges
- IT approved: All SQL commands configured through menu selection. SQL code is view only and not accessible. There is no access to edit or create malicious SQL commands.
Robust Data Handling
- 2 front Ethernet ports. Separate IP addresses.
- No need to modify PLC logic for monitoring key performance indicators
- Maximized data availability through optional use of store and forward (local buffering)
- Time-stamped data and saving of all transactions for audit
- E-mail notifications for following transactions and system operation
|Cloud and PLC Connectors|
tManager Connects CompactLogix to:
- Up to 2 more CompactLogix controllers in addition to the chassis where tManager is inserted
- 1 Siemens PLC such as
- Siemens S7-300
- Siemens S7-400
- Siemens S7-1200
- Siemens S7-1500
- Insert, Update, Select
- Call database custom written programs
- Supports arrays, UDT, complex arrays, XML
- Onboard memory for store and forward if database connectivity is lost
- Automatic database failover connectivity
- Status tag for monitoring tManager health, store and forward state, successful transaction
- Transaction logging, alarms/alerts, performance
System & Environmental
Two 10M/100M/1G Ethernet ports
CompactLogix double-wide module
Windows 10 Configuration Software
Non-operating: 0°C to +80°C
5 - 95% non-condensing
2g @ 10 - 500Hz
5 VDC, 313mA; 24VDC, 185mA